The term ‘e-commerce’ refers to the industry where business is conducted online; where buyers sell their products and services over electronic system like internet or any other computer networks. Some of the most common applications that are related to e-commerce are:
· International and domestic payment systems
· Group buying
· Enterprise content management
· Automated online assistants
· Online banking
· Online shopping
· Electronic tickets
· Social networking and etc.
With the advancement in technology, the introduction of e-commerce has played a vital role in easing the human life. Services like online tracking, online shopping, online banking, social networking, etc has facilitated the human life to a great extent.
Advantages of e-commerce:
Some of the advantages can be summarized as follows:
1. With its introduction and the online shopping networks, now people can easily avoid heavy traffic, battles for parking space, roaming for hours in markets, and such other hurdles to shop. Now, just by browsing through their favorite online shopping website, they can shop comfortably without getting out of their houses.
2. Keeping in mind the up going trend of online shopping, online shopping websites and networks are always working to entertain and facilitate their online customers in the best possible way. Many online shopping networks offers free home delivery, which means that now you just cannot only shop online but you can get your ordered product at your door step for free. Plus, with their 24 hours and 7 days a week services, the online customers can now shop even when their favorite store or shop is closed.
3. Not just this but e-commerce and shopping networks literally ended the geographical limitations. Now people can buy even those products which are not available in their country. The most advantageous thing is that while competing with other online shopping networks, many shopping networks offers great discount deals to their on line customers.